Three Wings - similar to Libera

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

j8000

Three Wings - similar to Libera

Post by j8000 »

Probably the most Libera-like music I've come across so far is David Lol Perry's Three Wings recordings with Winchester College Choir. It's different in many ways of course but the idea of mixing trebles with other sounds that aren't pipe organs is certainly in the same ball park.

Previews and purchases available on his website: http://davidlolperry.com/

Short Documentary about the recordings:

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Three Wings - similar to Libera

Post by Yorkie »

j8000 wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:48 pm">7 years ago</span> Probably the most Libera-like music I've come across so far is David Lol Perry's Three Wings recordings with Winchester College Choir. It's different in many ways of course but the idea of mixing trebles with other sounds that aren't pipe organs is certainly in the same ball park.
For anybody interested I can highly recommend the two recordings released so far (which I have had for a while :D ) I think there were supposed to be three releases with the third being out by the end of last year but there was nothing the last time I checked.

You can find a bit more about the project here:

The Tiniest Things
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Fascinating, thanks for sharing. It's always uplifting and rewarding when you see the boy singers themselves actively contribute and take part in the way their music is produced and mastered. 'Puer Natus Est Nobis' was my particular favourite @13:00.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Do you know if they will take orders from the US and in US dollars via Visa card?
j8000

Post by j8000 »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:59 am">7 years ago</span> Do you know if they will take orders from the US and in US dollars via Visa card?
I used their store yesterday. They accept Visa so if you just enter your card details at checkout, your card company will later bill you in dollars. They also take PayPal.
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

Straight into my library! Thanks for sharing this. Definitely a must have music and it's exactly what I was looking for. 8 new songs for my collection (happy)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:52 pm">7 years ago</span>
j8000 wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:48 pm">7 years ago</span> Probably the most Libera-like music I've come across so far is David Lol Perry's Three Wings recordings with Winchester College Choir. It's different in many ways of course but the idea of mixing trebles with other sounds that aren't pipe organs is certainly in the same ball park.
For anybody interested I can highly recommend the two recordings released so far (which I have had for a while :D ) I think there were supposed to be three releases with the third being out by the end of last year but there was nothing the last time I checked.

You can find a bit more about the project here:

The Tiniest Things
Thanks Yorkie, I have always enjoyed plainsong, which attracted me to Libera. I now have these two EP's, and they are fabulous. As you mentioned, the third, has not yet been released, but two of the tracks are on Sound Cloud.

https://soundcloud.com/david-lol-perry/ ... s-stella-1

https://soundcloud.com/david-lol-perry/ ... oris-mater
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks to you all, I have also ordered the two CDs :)

Listening to this version of 'Veni Creator Spiritus' made me remember the version sung by libera at some of their concerts in 2016.

Perhaps one of these songs recorded by David Lol Perry have inspired Robert Prizeman for the 2nd video they recorded recently ?
The plain chant in latin would fit perfectly the atmosphere we can imagine from the grey robes :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

David Lol Perry sent an email newsletter saying that he signed a worldwide deal with Warner Records.

He will release a new album in the Autumn that should feature the tracks from "Three Wings" 1 and 2 and the unreleased "Three Wings" 3.
Some tracks will be reworked, alongside with many new pieces that were recorded last weekend, again with Winchester College's Quiristers.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I received today my two CDs :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

What wonderful songs and I can't wait for the 3rd cd
j8000

Post by j8000 »

dani wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:41 pm">7 years ago</span> What wonderful songs and I can't wait for the 3rd cd
Released on the 10th of November 8)

Available for pre-order here: https://burningshed.com/david-lol-perry_three-wings_cd

Really looking forward to this
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

j8000 wrote: <span title="Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:59 pm">6 years ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:41 pm">7 years ago</span> What wonderful songs and I can't wait for the 3rd cd
Released on the 10th of November 8)

Available for pre-order here: https://burningshed.com/david-lol-perry_three-wings_cd

Really looking forward to this

Thank you, I will definitely be getting a copy.
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

I am looking forward to receiving my copies soon. They are coming from the UK and I wasn't given any expected delivery date. I could have ordered the MP3 download but I really prefer the hard copy. :)
"with a down derry, derry down down"