Les Petits Chanteurs de Nogent-sur-Marne - Les Moineaux du Val de Marne

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

j8000

Post by j8000 »

The boys choir of Nogent-sur-Marne also known as The Sparrows of the Val de Marne
not to be confused with the Les Petits Chanteurs of other French places :wink:

I came across them on YouTube with a 15-year old recording of them singing Den Tod and thought they had quite a bit of potential. However there are only a view other videos of them and most of them have dreadful sound quality.

I am asking because I wonder if anyone perhaps has one of their albums or could comment on them? They apparently have three CDs out (linky) but they don't have track listings and are only available to purchase by email. :?

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Les Petits Chanteurs de Nogent-sur-Marne - Les Moineaux du Val de Marne

Post by Yorkie »

Never heard of them to be honest and they don't seem to be anything special based on that clip.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

j8000 wrote: <span title="Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:42 pm">7 years ago</span> Les Petits Chanteurs de Nogent-sur-Marne - Les Moineaux du Val de Marne
The boys choir of Nogent-sur-Marne also known as The Sparrows of the Val de Marne

I am asking because I wonder if anyone perhaps has one of their albums or could comment on them?
Bit of a late reply, but...

They are not really exceptional, and their director is a complete and utter *insert expletive of your choice here*! (Long story, but one of the rudest people I have ever met) But I do have two of their CD's. If you still want them, I am happy to donate them to you for free.

Heard them three times in concert but all three times singing with others.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Since you seem to be better than me to find the best french choirs, is there any Christmas concert in Paris I should attend, Celtic ? :mrgreen:
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

I am, unfortunately, out of the loop for French choirs at the moment. Petits Chanteurs de Franciliens were very good and entertaining (including a boy dressed as the devil running through the church!)

Petits chanteurs de Sainte-Croix de Neuilly are good, despite my one unfortunately bad live concert with them I have heard them online since and they have a decent quality.

Enfants de Sotto Voce are a very entertaining choir who always combine choreography with their music. Completely different from the usual Petits Chanteurs template. Well worth seeing and they usually do an Xmas concert in the Paris area.

and that... is all I can offer you, I'm afraid. :cry:
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:14 pm">1 year ago</span> Since you seem to be better than me to find the best french choirs, is there any Christmas concert in Paris I should attend, Celtic ? :mrgreen:
Académie Musicale de Liesse was in Paris this weekend.

The only other upcoming concerts I know of are in Le Lude, Vion, and Précigné.
j8000

Post by j8000 »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:15 pm">1 year ago</span>
j8000 wrote: <span title="Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:42 pm">7 years ago</span> Les Petits Chanteurs de Nogent-sur-Marne - Les Moineaux du Val de Marne

I am asking because I wonder if anyone perhaps has one of their albums or could comment on them?
Bit of a late reply, but...

They are not really exceptional, and their director is a complete and utter *insert expletive of your choice here*! (Long story, but one of the rudest people I have ever met) But I do have two of their CD's. If you still want them, I am happy to donate them to you for free.

Heard them three times in concert but all three times singing with others.
Thanks for the kind offer but I can't remember why I started this thread. :lol: It was possibly before I'd heard any German choirs sing Bach. I can't say I have any interest in hearing more of these petits chanteurs nowadays...