Les Petits Chanteurs de France

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

itsacat

Les Petits Chanteurs de France

Post by itsacat »

Two days after the St. George's concert, I am hoping to see the fantastic 'Les Petits Chanteurs de France' choir for a christmas carols concert in the centre of Paris.

They are an excellent choir, well worth checking out.

http://www.petitschanteursdefrance.fr/actualites.html

https://www.facebook.com/Les-Petits-Cha ... 161923706/
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Les Petits Chanteurs de France

Post by TullyBascombe »

Some other examples:

Is this a fairly new French choir? I hadn't heard of it before. I'm more familiar with Les Petits Chanteurs de St. Marc and Les Petits Chanteurs a La Croix Bois.
itsacat

Post by itsacat »

I believe they were founded in 2013 directed by Véronique Thomassin who directed Les Petits Chanteurs a La Croix Bois between 2000 and 2011 and features some singers formerly of PCCB. I saw them a couple of time in concert recently and really enjoyed them.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

I only watched the one clip, but they sound good, if perhaps a little unpolished.
itsacat

Post by itsacat »

Yeah, they are no Libera yet. But on the other hand, you don't have to drop everything and dash to the closest cafe with Wifi at 1.55pm just to get a decent ticket! :wink:

They do have some quite good singers though. Like Cosme here...

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

itsacat wrote:Yeah, they are no Libera yet.
Libera doesn't always sound pristine, either. I can remember them sounding "rough around the edges" at various times, usually when there's a shift with members leaving, old treble soloists' voices changing, and newbies' voices not quite up to pulling the extra weight. But give it 6 months to a year, and it all comes right again.
itsacat

Post by itsacat »

Saw Libera at St George's, which was fantastic! My seat in the 5th row had a decent view of the stage and one of the large screens. I also saw Kings College Choir at the Albert hall last night, which was OK but a bit middling if I'm honest. However, this Sunday I am hoping to see this which I am looking forward to very much...

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

itsacat wrote:Saw Libera at St George's, which was fantastic! My seat in the 5th row had a decent view of the stage and one of the large screens. I also saw Kings College Choir at the Albert hall last night, which was OK but a bit middling if I'm honest. However, this Sunday I am hoping to see this which I am looking forward to very much...
Wow! You sure get around! Have fun. :-)
itsacat

Post by itsacat »

Still no sign of another UK Libera concert although I wonder what the Requiem at St Philips was like last night?

Anyway, while we wait, if anyone is interested...

The Little Singers of France have two concerts coming up, both in Paris. A spring concert on the 3rd April, and a concert for the benefit of the war wounded on April 10th. The second concert can be booked online.

PARIS 14ème
Dimanche 3 avril 2016 - 15h30
CONCERT DE PRINTEMPS
Église Notre Dame des Champs

NOGENT-SUR-MARNE
Dimanche 10 avril 2016 - 16h
CONCERT avec l’Orchestre de la Légion Etrangère
et les Petits Chanteurs de Nogent-sur-Marne
La Scène Watteau 1 Place du Théatre, 94130 Nogent-sur-Marne