More Libera Covers

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

More Libera Covers

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

"Salva Me", "Sanctus", and "Far Away" by "Cantores S. Cristovao de Ovar" (I think.) I like the power in the begining of "Salva Me", esp.
This choir also covered "Voca Me", but I was so dissapointed with the lack of harmonies that I won't bother to put it up.
Personally, I think they sounded better in their other, more traditional, songs.
[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

P.S. I love their robes! :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: More Libera Covers

Post by Yorkie »

I started off with "Far Away" and got no further. One question, did they actually sing one note in tune?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Here's an interesting attempt at "Time", by an all-girl group. You'd think the bass player would have been tuned up beforehand, and the second verse is out of balance, microphone-wise. But other than that the soloist and the violinist gave it a good shot. These covers serve to remind us how polished Libera really is.

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Here is a rather good cover of "sanctus" by what appears to be an Itallian children's choir--correct me if I'm wrong. Except for slightly flat topmost notes, they do rather well, I think.

Also, here is an adult cover of "Jubilate Deo". I find it interesting how the whole mood of the song changes simply with heavier voices and being pitched down.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I won't bother with figuring out how to embed the video, so I'll just post the link.
Anyways, the One Voice Children's Choir recently released their cover of RP's "Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep". It's arranged somewhat differently than the original version. I won't give my opinion about it just yet, but feel free to comment on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tli9Wy5UhSQ
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

So Cool!! I do the Love other choirs Covering Original Libera songs...For Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!! Same goes with Libera Instrumentals/covers..!! :)
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

What about other critical acclaimed Boys Choir covering the same song as our Libera??? I do Love this as well...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Joshua Wake wrote: <span title="Wed May 23, 2018 7:10 am">5 years ago</span>

What about other critical acclaimed Boys Choir covering the same song as our Libera??? I do Love this as well...
Only one winner on that one and they aint from Austria...

Perfect illustration of why Libera are so special and unlike anybody else.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I agree, the Libera version is far better. The WSK version is a-cappella and they try to make into a "bouncy" sort of song near the middle. They do alright by it but it is no match for the arrangement and instrumentation that Libera brings.
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

I can't and won't disagree with both of you. :D I'm really biased towards Libera, but I sort of feel like the Vienna Boy's Choir's version, although different in style: the sound was more 'real' 'raw' 'gritty' no audio enhancements, no equalziers, etc... and I appreciate that. Not to say Libera uses "Auto tune" or any other Audio enhancers of sorts, but sometimes I really just do enjoy a "not so perfect sound" if that makes any sense....I don't know LOL :D :D :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I came upon a cover of "You Were There" that sounds pretty good, although there's only one singer. Her name is Maina, and I'm guessing she's Japanese.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-gPO8A-LU
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Did you ever listen to Daniel Chien's covers ? I just discovered his youtube channel and... I am listening to all of his Libera covers now ! Some are really good. And I am quite difficult about covers usually. Sadly the sound always has a strange quality ?

This one is particularly shines in my opinion :

Walking in the air :

He even covered the new songs, "If" and "Let me make songs" :shock: Which links I will not give here, since the Libera records are not public on youtube. But he is good, really. And I imagine he has a very good ear too, to work on these songs with very little material. What puzzles me is, he does not look so young... ?
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:52 pm">3 years ago</span> Did you ever listen to Daniel Chien's covers ?
More like adulterations than covers IMO.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

john45 wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:05 am">3 years ago</span>
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:52 pm">3 years ago</span> Did you ever listen to Daniel Chien's covers ?
More like adulterations than covers IMO.
With all due respect to his unique talent to sing like that, I'm afraid I feel the same. He uses the Libera recordings of a songs, edits out the main soloist(s), or sings over top of the solo part. It's really not a "cover" when you are using the instruments and backup of the original recordings - or just singing over top of them. He is certainly free to do as he wishes and to enjoy himself if this activity brings him pleasure and a closer connection to the music, but it is not for me.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

This one is 100% his voice. I feel he is even better when singing solo. But I also get why he sings "over" the Libera songs. This boy feels so strongly the wish to be part of the group, that he inserts his voice and even his image with the group. I find it moving that he loves Libera so much.