Aksel Rykkvin - Boy Soprano who needs your help.

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Aksel Rykkvin - Boy Soprano who needs your help.

Post by maartendas » 6 months ago

Wonderful news - Aksel has been working on a new CD! :D

https://www.facebook.com/akselmusic/vid ... 728180741/

I am really glad because his voice is richer now than when his first CD was recorded. You can follow his development as a performer quite closely because he regularly shares recordings of live performances on his Facebook page. He is growing in confidence and different experiences on stage. It's great that at this particular moment of his treble career a recording is made for CD. It will once again be baroque repertoire, which he always sings with great joy.
Cantate caeli chorus angelorum

Surpinto
Gold Member

Post by Surpinto » 6 months ago

He is an incredible singer and while I was at firs skeptical about some of the baroque pieces I was unfamiliar with, I now like them very much. Based on his lower range speaking voice I think it is safe to assume that his treble career is nearly finished. Keep us posted, please, as to any release dates.

chris17

Post by chris17 » 4 months ago

Aksel recently posted this video on YouTube, and I wanted to share it because I love how rich his voice sounds now as it starts to deepen. It seems that he's probably nearing the end of his treble career. I hope that it's a smooth transition, anyway, and that he'll be able to continue singing and posting videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVx6f_h1NhU

I feel like, in a way, it's almost too bad his latest album wasn't recorded at this time instead of a few months ago, but then, that also would have been more risky. I'm delighted that we'll have a second album at all. It's wonderful that he continues to record and post decently high-quality videos, anyway. :)

kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l » 4 months ago

He is a charming boy with a beautiful voice. I've checked & subscribed to, of course) his Youtube, I'm glad that he did many pieces from the Baroque era. I also showed some of his videos to my friends who enjoy vocal music - they loved it.

His voice sure is getting deeper quickly (compared to his previous performances from some months ago), and I'm curious about it in the future - I'm certain it will be beautiful, but I want to know how beautiful it will be. Well, we'll know soon, as he is growing up to be a fine gentleman.
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*

Jay_S

Post by Jay_S » 4 months ago

Thank you kinda+k00l for posting Aksel's latest offering. I too am always happy to see another performance by him since we never know when it may be his last. His voice is rich and deep on this piece. I think he may have already lost his highest notes. Hopefully he will still have some more recording for us to enjoy. :D
"with a down derry, derry down down"

Jay_S

Post by Jay_S » 2 months ago

I saw this video today. It was posted about a week ago. It is a sad day when it's the last of anything. We have followed Aksel for a while now and we have enjoyed his talent up to this point. I hope he continues to perform with his new voice. Check out the author's video page for a lengthy interview (14 minutes including the song) which is translated in the comments, just prior to Aksel singing his 'last song as a soprano'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovGYgrz7kPc
"with a down derry, derry down down"

Surpinto
Gold Member

Post by Surpinto » 2 months ago

Very well spoken and mature for his age and will certainly continue to make impressions in the music world. Thanks for the link, Jay.

To access the interview, go to the link below using the Chrome Browser, then go to the 4th segment of the interview and enable subtitles, then translate the page to English (or whatever language you prefer) using the built in Google Translator and presto you have real-time subtitles.

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/skavlan/KMTE50006617/20-10-2017

hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys » 2 weeks ago

I just happened to notice in Aksel's video of Eternal Source of Light Divine - at :38, the similarity to Eternal Light (Director's Cut) - at 1:28. Even the song names are similar. Could it be that Aksel's video had some inspiration from Libera's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_z4-3v73MA&index=15&list=RDIEi5Co72Xc8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umT-G6v5-EM

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe » 2 weeks ago

I'm not certain that someone could copyright the idea of a child reaching up toward sunbeams. I suspect it's a recurring theme of child oriented inspirational visual art.

hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys » 2 weeks ago

Oh, I didn't mean it in any serious sense - I just thought it was interesting.